Great, so I FINALLY finish a 30MB download of what I thought was the JDK7 download.
Ho, Ho, Ho, I was foolish to believe that a download on the JDK7 DOWNLOAD PAGE, would actually *gasp* be the JDK!
Turns out I downloaded a JRE that requires the JRE to run. Funny, isn't it; you might think that for a second Sun would try to attain some aspect of ease of use.
This is starting to turn out to be more hassle than what I believe it's worth, Java applications don't have a history of being able to use Windows themes; preferring to use their own dull grey theme to stand out and uglify the OS.
Ho, Ho, Ho, I was foolish to believe that a download on the JDK7 DOWNLOAD PAGE, would actually *gasp* be the JDK!
Turns out I downloaded a JRE that requires the JRE to run. Funny, isn't it; you might think that for a second Sun would try to attain some aspect of ease of use.
This is starting to turn out to be more hassle than what I believe it's worth, Java applications don't have a history of being able to use Windows themes; preferring to use their own dull grey theme to stand out and uglify the OS.
No comments:
Post a Comment