Friday, June 08, 2007

The Return of the Laptop

My laptop arrived back recently, after 9 weeks of being "repaired".
Some points i'm dissapointed with in particular:

  • It took 9 weeks to get back to me, the hell?
  • The lid of the laptop is scratched pretty badly, thankfully the screen is alright.
  • There was a bit of oil on some of the keys.
  • I found a worm, a few Trojans and downloaders.
The Trojans are somewhat worrying, although since I connected it to the internet before I had a proper firewall installed I can't be sure if they are there from a Windows exploit, or a malicious technician working for Acer.
Thankfully after I replaced Windows Firewall with Comodo Firewall I was able to see the applications try hooking into Internet Explorer and directly accessing the internet and remove them; helped by a Avast! boot time scan and a Spybot S&D scan.

No comments: